Introducing our new line of orrery lamps: Illuminate your space with celestial elegance
Experience the union of art and science with our brand-new line of Orrery Lamps. We've recently successfully developed a model that displays a lighted Sun without sacrificing artisitc quality. Our Renaissance Orrery Lamp includes a hand-painted glass globe reflecting the Sun in a realistic hydrogen-alpha filter.
Handcrafted at our workshop in Boulder, CO, USA, the Renaissance Orrery Lamp is a testament to over 28 years of expertise in creating fine Orreries and scientific instruments. Each model is a unique design conceptualized and brought to life by Science Art.
Features of the Renaissance Orrery Lamp
- An 8-planet Solar System model portraying the Sun and planets from Mercury to Neptune, with a small dial representing the minor planet Pluto.
- The Sun, a hand-painted glass globe, in which our proprietary LED lighting system casts a gentle glow, creates a warm ambiance.
- Activate the motion of the orrery and/or the lamp with a discreet switch located at the rear of the unit or through an included remote control.
- Designed with convenience in mind, the Renaissance Orrery features an internal rechargeable battery, allowing up to 8 hours of uninterrupted operation. For periodic charging, simply connect the included USB cable, which recharges in approximately 3 hours. The Orrery can continue functioning even during charging.
- Assembly is a breeze, taking only about 20 minutes, thanks to the easy-to-follow instructions provided.
Materials & Size
- All mechanical components such as gears, tubes, planet arms, and drive, are meticulously constructed using premium materials including brass, stainless steel, and nylon.
- The planets and moons, are crafted from semi-precious stones (identified in the owner's manual). While natural variations in stone occur, we try to represent each planet's "color" with closest approximation to their NASA representation.
- The Sun is a hand-painted glass globe, which threads onto the interior bulb. It is neither mass produced nor made from resin/plastic.
- The mechanical gearwork and motor sit within a sturdy four-legged stand with a beautiful solid walnut surround and an optionally displayed engraved constellation ring of oak veneer adding an extra touch of celestial charm..
Orders and Shipping
Please note that due to the handmade nature of all our artwork, each of our orrery lamps is made to order, and shipment will take place approximately 5-6 weeks after purchase.
International customers: Kindly be aware that any applicable import taxes for international orders are the responsibility of the buyer.
We are here to address any questions you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out.
Customer choice of hardwoods and planet styles.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
FREE SHIPPING ON INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC ORDERS
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: DUTY/VAT IS RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER OR RECIPIENT. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR COUNTRY’S TAXING AUTHORITY FOR ESTIMATED TAXES. We offer free international shipping, a $250+ value to help offset any duties assessed by your country.
20" high 16" wide
Brass and hardwood require only minor dusting with no hard abrasives. Brass will naturally tarnish. If you wish to maintain a bright brass look, use 000 steel wool to polish the armillary sphere, calendar ring and planet arms.